Oh sweet Midsummer, how I love thee. So much so that I have decided to make some videos about you!
This is the first installment of my Midsummer in Sweden video series – starring me and my friends. Almost forgot how much fun it is to make videos on my iPhone and now that I have the 4s, the quality is so much better. I said quality, not technique. If there is anything I learned over the weekend it’s that I need to a) work on my skills as a host and b) HOLD THE CAMERA STILL. And straight. I blame the snaps.
Just a couple endnotes:
1. The location is at my friend Fidde’s cottage in Grötsjön (literally “porridge lake”) about 2 hours northwest of Malmö.
2. It’s pronounced schnaps, not snaps, and basically means SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS of herbal 40% alcohol.
3. I picked seven flowers to put under my pillow so that I would dream about my future husband, or so they say. Go figure I didn’t have any dreams that night.
4. We were on a lake, not a delta (see #1). That’s whatever it was.
5. I’ve switched over to Vimeo. Still trying to figure out if it was a good choice.
CHECK OUT PART TWO, you know you wanna…